If your ground does not require a brush cutter, a lawn mower is sufficient in most cases. Comfort, speed and mowing frequency are the keys to choose your lawnmower. This is your zero turn lawn mower reviews!
If you have chosen to use a lawnmower, you must also decide:
– The propulsion, you will have the choice between:
• The lawnmower pushed forward, which advances under your effort;
• The self-propelled mower, which moves under the action of a motor;
• The lawnmower which acts as a vehicle (also known as a tractor-mower);
– The mowing robot that works in your absence.
– Energy, by choosing between:
• The manual mower, without motor;
• A gasoline powered lawnmower;
• The electric mower, connected to mains electricity;
• The electric lawnmower but on removable batteries.
The elements of a lawn mower
The key elements of a lawn mower are:
• The mower housing, which houses the cutting system;
• The lawn mower, depending on its shape and material;
• The lawn tray needed to collect the grass;
• The lawnmower belt on some models.
How to choose your lawnmower?
The first classification of the mower will be based on its propulsion:
– If you walk on your lawn mower, you are talking about a walking lawnmower: a lawnmower or a lawnmower.
– If you want to drive your lawnmower, it will be a sit-down lawnmower: riding lawnmower.
– If you want the lawnmower to cut without your presence, it will be a mowing robot or robot mower.
The choice will then be based on the cutting system:
The most common cutting systems are the lawnmower blade and the helical blade.
If you want the blade to work precisely, you can choose a front-mounted lawn mower.
For very large areas, some lawnmowers and micro tractors use a rear mower.
With these defined aspects, you will then easily determine which type of engine will use your mower:
A manual mower will use no energy other than your action to advance it.
An electric mains mower will require an extension cord to be connected to a 220V power outlet.
A battery mower will operate on rechargeable batteries on mains.
A thermal mower is equipped with a four-stroke gasoline engine running on premium unleaded petrol.
For manual and thermal mowers for small gardens, you can buy them in garden centers and large areas. For larger thermal, towed or with mulching, you will choose them rather from a professional (dealers of registered trademarks) who will advise you and also maintain your equipment.
Periodicity of the tontes
Normally the mowing is done from March to October except in mild weather, you can still mow in December. To mow as little as possible, it is necessary to choose its mixture of seeds, avoid to over water and adjust the heights of the blade. A grass in the shade and in the shade will grow faster than in the sun. If your lawn is used as a playground, you can leave the lawn in the meadow.
For biodiversity, let plots grow, you will be amazed to see new plants grow and multitudes of insects foraging your flowers.
The blade must be regularly sharpened by grinding without losing its balancing at the risk that the mowing is not regular and to damage your engine. If you do not know how to do it, give the blade to a professional.
Make a general review (engine, crankcase, pitcher, candle etc …) once a year in winter by a professional.
Did you know?
In the time of Louis XIV? The lawns were cut to the scythe and the sickle by dozens of gardeners. Animals also participated in mowing through grazing.
The thermal mower was born in the early 20th century
Types of mowers
1. Gas mowers come in two types: powered or not. The powered mowers have wheels that rotate with the help of the engine, which means you can walk behind the mower and steer it. You have to push the non-powered mowers yourself.
• More power than electric mowers.
• A better choice for thick and long lawns and weeds.
• Self-propelled models require less effort.
• Generally heavier than other lawnmowers.
• Requires more maintenance.
• Greater impact on the environment.
2. Electric lawnmowers come with or without power cord. Corded lawnmowers have only the length of their cord length. Cordless mowers, heavier and less powerful, have a longer range.
• Less noisy.
• More environmentally friendly (no emissions).
• Requires little maintenance.
• Less powerful.
• Less suitable for uneven and uneven terrain.
• Restricted range.
• The cord represents a risk potential.
3. Roller mowers operate only with human strength. When pushed, the blades turn and cut the grass.
• Requires very little maintenance.
• Easy to use.
• No noise.
• Respectful of the environment.
• Not suitable for long and thick lawns.
• Not suitable for rough, large or uneven terrain.
• Can not approach near obstacles.
When choosing the right mower, you should learn how to properly maintain and handle it safely. Proper use and maintenance of the mower will ensure years of safe and trouble-free operation. We suggest that you read our safety instructions for lawn mowers and examine our selection of lawnmowers.