Making your possessions become unique always an appealing thing to do, and your guitar is not an exception. You already own an acoustic guitar and want to make it unique than ever but wonder whether you could with a guitar just under $500. The answer is that you totally could turn your guitar to be the best acoustic guitar under 500 than ever. Don’t be afraid that you don’t have huge budgets for this since it does not cost you a big deal. However, what you need is your patience and also your sense of aestheticism – just a little bit. Now, follow some simple tips below.
1. Decorating the body of your guitar
– Paint your guitar: an important thing to notice is that you have to disassemble your guitar to make sure other parts of the guitar are safe before spaying paint to the body. After that, you can add some designs or repaint it as your hobby.
– Add stickers or decals: You can add any stickers or decals of different colors and shapes, which depends on your interest.
– Draw or write with pens: you can be free to design your patterns, words, pictures or even your signature on the body of your guitar with paint markers, markers or pens. You should try your designs with the pencil because most of the markers are permanent.
2. Customizing your guitar with other accessories
Together with the guitar, there exist a lot of other accessories, including picks, pickguards, strap, case and so on. You could have many options here: buy the unique ones or make the existing ones more unique. For example, with a case, if you are confident with your woodworking skills, you can make your case. The important thing is that you must shape your case so that there is no extra room inside and your guitar will not be damaged.
Another option is that you can decorate your existing case. By this way, you are free to express your identity and style. For instance, in a soft case, you can sew or iron on and attach some buttons if you like. On a hard case, you can add stickers, design your patterns or pictures which pens or paints, just like the way you decorate the body of the guitar mentioned above. On any case, you can also customize the lining by hand-sewing or use fabric glue to attach your fabric outside and even inside your case, as long as your guitar still fit in.
3. Adding custom guitar parts
– Using fretboard inlay stickers: Inlay Stickers are easy put under the strings by your fingers. Try to alter the existing inlay by these stickers as your favor. The good thing is that use can alter it whenever you want. You can also apply different stickers, designs or words for each fret. Just make it your own. Remember that before applying the inlay stickers, be careful to remove the strings and clean the fretboard carefully.
– Add a unique pickguard: A pickguard is not only a good tool to protect the surface of the guitar from being scratched by the pick. With the guitar that doesn’t have a pickguard, it is easy for you to buy one. In contrast, if your guitar has had a pickguard already, you can also replace it with another one.
– Try colorful strings: replace the old strings with the new ones. One thing to consider is the quality. So you should balance between the appearance and the quality and make sure that you don’t sacrifice the quality of the sound created.
– Install new bridge pins: The bridge pins are used to hold the strings. You can replace the existing pins of your guitar with new ones made of different materials. The materials of the pins also affect the sound of the guitar strings. For example, the pins made from born can improve the sound.
I hope that with these simple guides above, you can have some ideas to make your guitar become the unique one. I believe that with good appearance, your guitar will give you the motivation to practice every day. After all, the look of the guitar is a connection between your hobby and your soul.